Karbonn seems to have gone on a device launching spree with the launch of three new dual-SIM Smartphones- A11, A7+ and A1+ a few days ago and another two new tablets- Blade and Marvel yesterday.
During the launch of the tab, Shashin Devsare, Executive Director, Karbonn Mobiles, had a positive vibe and with regards to the launch, said, “Through the new product range and neuvo established eco-system ‘Karbonn Smart’ we wish to usher in a new revolution in the technologically advanced mobile market wherein Karbonn Mobiles can demonstrate its technical stewardship across the world”.
With features almost comparable to the previous Smart Tab 1, it is hard to say what new things Blade has to offer apart from a sleeker design. Blade comes with many pre-loaded apps including Karbonn Smart Browser and Karbonn Smart games, TOI(Times of India) & ET(Economic Times) app, Facebook, Audio and Video player and more.
- Screen: 7.1 inch Capacitive touchscreen with display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- Processor: 1.2GHz processor
- Operating System: Andriod 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
- Camera: Front: 1.3MP, no rear camera
- Storage: 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, internal memory cannot be increased
- Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS and micro USB 2.0 port.
- Special sensors: 3D Gravity sensor, also called as accelerometer
- Battery: 2,600 mAh Li-ion battery offering up to 4 to 5 hours usage on Wi-Fi.
- Price: Rs 5,990
With the launch of many new tablets, specially budget tablets at this point of the year, Karbonn faces a stiff competition from its compatriots Micromax which released its Funbook Talk. Both these tabs have very good features and specifications. However, the low price of Blade, 5,990 as compared to Rs. 7,249, gives it a very competitive edge.
Look out for more news for the latest developments and trends in this segment.