According to the recent market studies and surveys it is clear the Apple is the most recognized brand in the world. Especially in the west, one would hardly find any tech-savvy who doesn’t own at least one, if not all, of the Apple products. Earlier it used to be a cool gadget brand to them but with time it has more become the only gadget brand to them. Hats Off! to Apple for achieving such a feet and also been able to retain its footing for so long.
As the users thought Android Jelly Bean was the ultimate version Google introduced the Android 4.4 Kitkat. This means users have new features to look forward to and mobile developers have a new toolset to learn.
The most amazing feature is that it works on a wide spread of devices even with less RAM up to 512 MB. Memory utilization is the biggest change.
Ten new features in Android 4.4 Kitkat:
- Full-screen immersive mode: All apps can now take the advantage of using each and every pixel of the screen of the smart phone. Users can hide menu and navigation bars, buttons and other panels to give the full-screen to be used by the app. Thus the entire interface can be hid while the user is using an app.This feature is best suited for e-readers and other media apps (games, newspapers). Kitkat has a new gesture where while using an app if u swipe from top or bottom it will reveal the menu, navigation and buttons.
- Scene transitions: Users can now animate different scenes, pages, events in an app through a set of transitions in Kitkat 4.4. This allows you to resize, rescale, etc depending on the set transitions. If you don’t want to manually manage animations, scenes by setting the specific scenes this function called the Transaction Manager will do it automatically.
- Screen recording: This is an awesome update in the Kitkat. You can create a video of your app directly of an Android device.The recording can be done with any device supported resolution and then can be shared directly from the device to a computer. This screen recording function can be found through Android Debug Bridge (ADB) tool in the Android SDK or through the Android Studio integrated developer environment.
- Storage screen framework: This new feature allows you to browse and open documents in an app from a variety of cloud storage providers. If you want to open a file from Box, Google Drive, local storage device, etc, this feature Storage Access Framework will handle this for you.
- Priority contacts: This new feature priorities the contacts on your phone automatically. This is done on the basis of who you talk to more often than the others.
- Extended search: On Kitkat people can search for nearby places and businesses or people in their Google app domain. Improved caller Id for calls not saved on the contact list of the phone, Kitkat will search for a match from business with a local listing on Google Maps.
- SMS, MMS integrated into Hangouts: This new feature in Kitkat displays all the SMS and MMSs in the hangout tab. This makes it much more convenient for users to see all the conversation with a person at one place.
- Emoji on Google keyboard: As we all know how popular and interesting are the emojis, now in the Kitkat this has been integrated in the keyboard. This brings a new dimension to our conversations especially with the youth of today.
- Printing: Kitkat has made the impossible possible by allowing users to print pictures, documents and web pages from their phone or tablet. This can be done by connecting to any printer which is connected to the Google cloud print, to HP ePrint, or other printers that have apps in the Google play store.
- Ok Google: This feature was first seen in the Motorola Moto X and finally was introduced in the Kitkat. This feature allows you to unlock your phone without even touching it. All you need to do is say “Ok Google” and the phone gets activated without touching it. Users also launch a voice search, send s text message, get driving directions or even play a song with the voice command.
There are more new and exciting features to the all new Android 4.4 Kitkat which you need to go out and get, which not only interest you but also make life much simpler.
Tablet PCs are getting popular. No one can doubt this. But if I say they are being preferred over laptops, some might ask for a little explanation. Actually, there is not much confusion now and it has rather become relatively easier for a person to pick one between the two. Let us see the attributes and the advancements glued to the newer generation of Tablet PCs which are responsible for more and more head turns resulting in more and more sales, much more than avg Laptop sales.
Reason no.1 : Tablets are no longer just a mobile device meant for entertainment. They mean serious business now. With ever improving OS and hardware comparable to a basic laptop, Tablet PCs are luring a lot of customers who intend to a lot of business presentations and work on-the-go.
Reason no.2 : As cloud computing has made its way into the internet arena, we have a lot of applications which we don’t really need to have physically on our system. By the virtue of this Tablets have become really powerful with no real disadvantage over Laptops, as long as you have good internet to support your Tab.
Reason no.3 : One can now connect a number of external hardware to a Tablet PC, which until a few months ago was not that common and was seen as a major downside of a Tablet PC. Be it an external keyboard, hard disk, mouse, HDMI and almost all what you see around compatible with a laptop, are compatible here as well.
Reason no.4 : Though one has a lot of external hardware to assist one work on a Tab, Tabs are designed in such a way that one would seldom need anything other than one’s fingers to operate it totally.
Reason no.5 : Size of a Tablet PC, not just makes it aptly convenient to view the stuffs, it also adds much more portability to it. And we can not see it as any sort of limitation as the manufacturers have myriad size-options (minimum 7-inch) offered to their customers.
Reason no.6 : With smaller screen and optimum hard disk and no inbuilt keyboard tied, weight of the Tabs are many times lighter than the smallest of Laptops.
Reason no. 7: SIM CARD SLOTS, using this your Tablet PC is also your phone. With SIM cards you have yet another option to access internet, using the inbuilt SIM-internet. SIM slots are not that feasible in Laptops.
Reason no. 8: Price is right! Despite of all these good and better features found in a Tablet PC, an avg Tablet PC is comparatively cheaper and an avg Laptop.
Compass Intelligence, an international consulting and market analysis company has made a huge announcement lately which is going to please all the Tablet PC manufacturers and associated service sectors. The claims to predict much more future to the Tablet PC market than what it has now, so much so that soon Tablets will outnumber Laptops, as far as sales volume is considered. The analysts of the company across the globe have come up with similar results to sum up their extensive surveys conducted in the market. The final report has come under the name of J. Gerry Purdy and Kate Pearce. Let’s see in his article what the final report has to say.
1) The global market is trending to escalate from 187.5 million units mark in 2013 and reach anything over 525.9 million units by 2018. This will be achieved with a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 22.9%
2) Since Tablet PCs are getting smarter, faster and more robust. Majority chooses to carry these light weighted portable devices along and many have already started avoiding Laptops. This travel-easy attribute is contributing a great deal to the boom seen in the Tablet PC market. Laptops have probably seen better days!
3) Tablet PC segment is the fastest growing segment in the mobile device market. Which means Tablets are doing better than even smartphones in terms of the growth rate. This is because of the comparatively better visual experience which one gets with a Tablet PC.
Though in terms of sales volume, smart phones are and will always top the chart.
4) Although the growth rate is expected to fall in the coming years but it will be good enough to sail past the Tablets well ahead of Laptops and this will make Tabs only second to smartphones in annual sales.
There is a visible paradigm shift depicted in the tablet report, to bring out which the Compass Intelligence team has made rigorous and painstaking efforts. Thorough details of the report has been requested by us to the Compass Intelligence team.
In the detail report we will be walked through the figures put up by the large vendors of the Tablet PCs, Operating Systems etc. Region wise demand and figures alluding to the other relevant breakdowns could be found. After each survey result, the possibilities have been discussed rationally to bring a clearer picture of the trends.
Keep a watch on this post, for we shall soon publish a detailed report addressing the changing Tablet PC market scenario in the world.
Nintendo is not a stranger company for all those who have grown up playing video games. The first game which plays in your mind with the word Nintendo will obviously be Mario. Now, we have a news ( though yet to be authenticated by Nintendo or Google). If recent posts from the top class fan page of Nintendo, the Nintendo Everything is read with conviction, one would be really happy to know that Nintendo is planning some thing new like bringing a dedicated Tablet PC in the market. Some might have expected the Wii U here, for them we have only news to share which has come from our sources; be patient!
Anyways, am sure a NinteDroid would be no lesser interesting. Nintendo Everything traced and recorded the tweets of a Nintendo employee who had spread a lot of info about the impending NinteDroid. All those tweets have been reportedly removed now. But all thanks to the Nintendo Everything which don’t miss a single tweet and now which lets us to share the revelations with our readers.
Nintendo is planning to come up with a Tablet PC which will be dedicated to a specific market, targeting a particular age-group, will pose a accurate purpose and sadly will be restricted to only Japan in its initial days. The tablet pc will use Android as its OS platform, as Android is easier to tweak as per the need. The social purpose of this Tablet PC would be to make the learning process of the children more interesting for them by introducing their super heroes like Mario, Link etc into the various subject tutorials .These characters can be found teaching these kids the basic lessons and even engage them in different games to make it all a complete entertaining environment.
These Tablet’s sale might also be limited only to schools and other educational institutes. No further revelations have been made any further by the Nintendo officials, instead the kept a stand of denying anything happening like this. But as the famous adage goes, “where there is smoke there is fire”. We have witnessed majority of similar leaks to eventually turn into reality. Hoping this won’t be any surprise even this time.
Jasol, a far flung village in the border district of Rajasthan, is witnessing something unusual and unprecedented. All these days the Asha Sahyojinis used to visit their houses loaded with all types of colorful but heavy files, all to have a check on the population’s health, especially women and children. Asha Sahyojinis, all women, are the volunteers who work under the supervision of the District Health Department and UNICEF. These women will work door to door and maintain a record of health, focusing primarily on pregnant women and health issues related to them and their newborns. But manual dealing with the data, punctiliously feeding and fetching it from the thick and heavy registers, is much tedious a task than it sounds. Plus, since the health workers are not the actual doters, sometimes people din’t take their diagnosis and their advice very seriously. Some also complained that co-operating with an Asha Sahyojini would take a lot of their precious time and so they prefer not to. These all were raising loud alarms to the health department and the UNICEF, but to much relief, these departments woke up to this noise and decided to go hi-tech.
In a joint effort by the district health department and UNICEF, Tablet PCs have been brought in use and Jasol has been chosen to run the pilot project. Which means if this project performs well and scores high on the post project evaluations, projects tantamount to this will be drummed all over the state. The software or the “App” for these Tablet PCs have been designed by the Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur.
A lot of ASHAs have been trained now to use the Tablet PC in conjunction with the related Application. As a result, not only all their heavy bags have been replaced by small pouches, they have started to sound more smart and convincing to the general public. It is also the charm of technology which now makes people want the Asha Sahyojinis to visit there houses for health check-ups.
When we spoke to one of these health workers who have been recently trained to effectively use the Tablet PC says, “I am now a lot more confident with my job. More and more people listen to me and even approach me seeking health advice. As I have pictures and visuals, just waiting a touch to start working for me, people get to understand a lot more than I could have managed on my own without this Tabs and this App. ” As the old adage goes, “Pictures are worth a thousand words” seems to fit here quite perfectly.
Another worker who just had her first day in the field with the Tab said that she was so happy that she didn’t have to carry the registers on her back today. Her work got such a pace which she never imagined. Making and recording the health queries were never this easy. When it came to explain to the pregnant ladies, the harms of not taking the needed care while their pregnancy, the related videos worked like a charm for her. Even those people who can not read or write, could understood a great deal, all by looking at the pictures and diligently made educative videos.
The officials are extremely delighted the way this newborn project has fared so far. The most assuring feature toed to this project is the easy and timely reminder sent through the SMS. These reminders are not only sent to the ASHA concerned but also to the intended house, where the check-up or follow-up has to be done.
This indeed is a very healthy project, a good initiative for a healthier India. Jasol has been purposefully selected to run his project as it has been found in the surveys that in this very region of India, the infant and maternal mortality rate has been recorded the maximum so far.
We wish all the success to this project and hoping to see this project hoping to all the other villages awaiting good medical facilities.