HTC brings in a grand brand new phone- the HTC Puccini, packed with a beautiful display and a powerful camera, just to name a few of the high-end features it is armed with.
HTC’s Puccini, officially released as HTC Jetstream, released this August, is distributed by AT&T, the same company that distributes Apple’s products, mainly the iPhone and iPad. Jetstream comes with LTE(Long Term Evolution) promising to further increase the speed and capacity of networking.
HTC also comes with a GPS(Global Positoning System) for navigation, which comes very handy when travelling to unknown places.
The processor is supported by Adreno 220 GPU for better graphical displays. The camera comes with Auto focus and Touch to focus technology with dual LED for a bright flash, giving good pictures even in dim day light and night. The HTC Pucinni’s camera is one of the best seen in any tablet.
The accelerometer sensor allows use of the tablet in both potrait and landscape mode. It also comes with a stylus for taking notes and drawing images.
- Screen: 10.1-inch WXGA(Wide Extended Graphics Array) LCD Capacitive multi-touchscreen
- Dimensions: 251 mm x 178 mm x 13 mm
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 768 pixels with a pixel density of 148 ppi(pixels per inch)
- Operating System: Android 3.1 (Honeycomb)
- Processor: 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor
- Storage: 1GB RAM, 32GB internal permanent storage
- Camera: Rear: 8MP Front: 1.3 MP, Video camera has a 1920×1080 (1080p HD) resolution with 30 fps(frames per second), giving high quality videos.
- Bluetooth: Version 3.0
- Networking: Supports EDGE, 2G, 3G and even 4G with LTE. Supports SIM card, Wifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Battery: 7300 mAh, Stand-by time of 37.5 days, 12 hours for average usage*
- Weight: 907 g
- Audio: Built in stereo speakers plus subwoofer, mic and 3.5 mm standard stereo headphone jack.
- Price: $700(approx. Rs. 37000)
*claimed by AT&T
The HTC Puccini is a very good tablet with a lot of features packed in it. However, the price is little bit too much, given that HTC has already suffered the failure of Xoom earlier this year. If the price tag is left out, you ought to consider Puccini if you are looking for a tab with great features.
Windows 8 is due to be released on the 26th of October. Most tablets with Windows 8 running on it are expected to release within the coming weeks if not on the 26th. Two prominent tabs to be released with the Windows 8 on the 26th are the Windows RT Surface and Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2.
3G and 4G cellular data are both available. Security features include a fingerprint reader and encrypted storage.
Windows Surface RT
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2
|Dimensions||10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37 inches(width x height x thickness)||Height: 9.50 inch Width: 7.31 inch Thickness: 0.34 inch(width x height x thickness)|
|Weight||680.39 g||589.67 g|
|Display||10.6 inch ClearType HD with a 1,366 x 768 pixel resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio having 148 ppi(pixels per inch)||10.1 inch multitouch IPS display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1,366 x 768 having 155.16 ppi|
|Processor||NVIDIA T30 Quadcore ARM Cortex-A9 SoC||Intel Atom’s Clover Trail|
|Operating System||Windows 8 Pro|
|Storage||RAM: 2 GB
Permanent storage: Available in 32 GB, 64 GB; has microSDXC slot for expandable memory
|RAM: 2 GB
Permanent storage:64 GB
|Ports||USB 2.0, microSDXC||mini-HDMI connector, headphone/microphone jack, MicroSD card slot, USB 2.0 port, one docking connector for keyboards and other accessories. Smart Card and optional NFC (Near Field Communication) are also supported. a noise-canceling microphone|
|Battery||31.5 watt-hours||Up to 10 hours’ on normal usage|
|Networking||Wireless LAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth: 4.0Supports 3G as well as 4G cellular data
|Front: 2 MP
|Cellular(SIM card facility)||No|
|Special features||Security features include a fingerprint reader and encrypted storage|
|Price||32 GB without cover: $500(approx. Rs 32,000)
32 GB with cover: $600(approx. Rs 32,000)
64 GB with cover: $700(approx. Rs 37,000)
Microsoft’s other Windows Tab- the Windows Surface Pro is expected to be release early next year.
Karbonn seems to have gone on a device launching spree with the launch of three new dual-SIM Smartphones- A11, A7+ and A1+ a few days ago and another two new tablets- Blade and Marvel yesterday.
During the launch of the tab, Shashin Devsare, Executive Director, Karbonn Mobiles, had a positive vibe and with regards to the launch, said, “Through the new product range and neuvo established eco-system ‘Karbonn Smart’ we wish to usher in a new revolution in the technologically advanced mobile market wherein Karbonn Mobiles can demonstrate its technical stewardship across the world”.
With features almost comparable to the previous Smart Tab 1, it is hard to say what new things Blade has to offer apart from a sleeker design. Blade comes with many pre-loaded apps including Karbonn Smart Browser and Karbonn Smart games, TOI(Times of India) & ET(Economic Times) app, Facebook, Audio and Video player and more.
- Screen: 7.1 inch Capacitive touchscreen with display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- Processor: 1.2GHz processor
- Operating System: Andriod 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
- Camera: Front: 1.3MP, no rear camera
- Storage: 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, internal memory cannot be increased
- Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPRS and micro USB 2.0 port.
- Special sensors: 3D Gravity sensor, also called as accelerometer
- Battery: 2,600 mAh Li-ion battery offering up to 4 to 5 hours usage on Wi-Fi.
- Price: Rs 5,990
With the launch of many new tablets, specially budget tablets at this point of the year, Karbonn faces a stiff competition from its compatriots Micromax which released its Funbook Talk. Both these tabs have very good features and specifications. However, the low price of Blade, 5,990 as compared to Rs. 7,249, gives it a very competitive edge.
Look out for more news for the latest developments and trends in this segment.